Monday, May 12, 2008

Life is an adventure...

I have been accused of being too whimsical on my blog, despite my real lack of anything remotely like a post for a while :))

teehee

Life is like a... well.. it's like an adventure. Each day is new, every moment has the potential for challenge and change. Challenge. I like that word.

(perhaps too much)

This weekend was about challenge I think. New classes starting, everything is busy... phones, emails and the rest of it... but there was more challenge to be had than your average weekend.

Meh, I guess that's part of the adventure.

It sometimes feels like this is all a test, and that there's a right choice and a wrong choice, and if you mess it up... you will end up where you don't want to be.

I suppose it's a bit like that.

Anyways, I digress.

This weekend the challenges included a long bike ride. I rode out to Bragg Creek and back, with the help of Allyson. Her back was all messed up, so she was my "support crew" - mostly that meant that she was responsible for ensuring that my arse got outta bed on Saturday morning, onto the bike, and to Bragg Creek. Without her, I wouldn't have made it... onto the bike :)

Surprisingly the ride out and back was simple. It wasn't really painful at all... not even my butt, which has not been on a bike for too long... which surprised me. Either way, it seems that I still have a significant base in the tank, which I dig.

Supremely.

I was pushing out around 34 km/h out and back on average... though my speedometer was working only when it felt like it, seemed to be the case.

The way back seemed a lot shorter :))

You ever have one of those days?

I had someone, who shall remain nameless, that I placed a great deal of trust in... more than anyone to date really... and she burned me. Hard. Harder than I have been burned before. And I got notice just before I started the ride back.

So, one might say that anger fueled that ride back. Seemed like it took about ten minutes to get from Bragg Creek back to home... all the while I had an audio CD rambling on in my ear about something. I don't know that I really heard a word of it... though I did hear the first part on the way out, and it was making a lot of sense to me... I couldn't quite wrap my head round what he was saying on the way back.

Ah well.

The ride was solid, that was what was really important about the day. Not the rest of the garbage that went on this weekend.

Too much garbage.

Garbage truck won't show up until Thursday.

Dammit!

Peace out my crazy friends... I love you all. Well, almost all of you ;)

teehee

me

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

yay for you...and good work Ally for getting your butt out there :-)