Saturday, January 03, 2009

Had I not been subject to darkness, I could not have seen the light.

I found that quote up on adbusters today, and I thought it awesome.

How true is that.

In hearing some people reflecting on 2008 and putting out hope or despair for 2009, I couldn't help but think - "what is good and what is bad really?"

Everything is relative - without having experienced something better, then there's nothing worse that whatever the best has been.

Hmmm... got me to thinking anyways. Those seemingly "dark moments" in our past have given us a reference point for the "beset times of our lives" so we have to be thankful for both - because it can sometimes be hard to be grateful for what we've got if we haven't a clue what the least that we could have looks like (so to speak).

So if you disagree, and really dislike the "dark moments" then perhaps it's a time to reflect on life and find whatever you have got, and really be grateful for what you have, because without even experiencing the worst, you know it's out there (just read the news :)

Got that - instead of fearing the worst, be grateful for what you've got, which may not be the best, but it's pretty darned good compared to the worst :))

Ok, down from my box :))

I'm in Canmore (well, just outside of Canmore really) and it's cold. Really cold. I didn't pack for the weather, and as such, wasn't able to make it outdoors for a run yesterday... so I am holding out until I get home, where it's even colder, to run on my treadmill. I plan to head home around noon today :))

The good news is, it is a bright and sunshiney day :))

I hope everyone is off to a fantastic start in 2009 - keep me posted on life!!

Over and out.

No comments: