Monday, June 22, 2009

And so it starts....

It is 1:11 AM on Monday morning, and I am putting the final touches on my preparation to leave on the next step of my journey.

I think that this is the pilgrimage that I aimed to start a little over two years ago. My friend Jason and I sat in a hot tub in Kananaskis, staring out at the mountains. I don't remember all of what was discussed, but we discussed the journey that I am about to embark on in rough terms.

That day has come.

I have filled my two bags with books that I will read, learn and grow from each day over the next 49 days... it was a challenge to fit everything that I wanted into my two bags, but I am happy to report that it is done!!

The clothing and technology represent the smallest of the lot, and the material to be absorbed represents the majority. This will be interesting.

I will be checking in three days a week to fill any of you who are interested in... on my learnings and experience as I progress through this adventure.

Before I sign off for this, my first post, I would like to thank everyone who helped make this journey possible. THANK YOU my friends... your efforts have not gone unnoticed, if even unmentioned. I love you all!!

Hugs everyone, and good night... I will continue on with my preparations, as I am almost finished!

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

Congratulations buddy! Have a great trip- and good luck with the books ;)