Sunday, January 29, 2006

Birthday Report

This is a little bit late obviously, but I realized that I forgot to report on my birthday... so you're stuck with this late post :)

Last week I celebrated by 32nd year on the planet. Nothing too crazy went on, in fact it was a pretty relaxed day.

I woke up, and my foot was still sore, so I skipped the long run that was planned for the day... Alli, of course, did not.

When she got back from her long run, she made me my favorite breakfast thing - eggs benedict (sans ham of course). After that, we ate some "mud cake" - not sure if that's a local thing or not, but here is the first place that I have seen it. Regardless, the cake was yummy.

My sister apparently is not into celebrating birthdays and things, so she wouldn't even have a slice of cake... ah well :)

After we finished the food fest, we headed down to the beach where we joined the Bayside Triathlon Club for an "aquathon" - a little race involving some swimming and running (normally this would be a relatively short swim followed by a relatively short run but because the temperature was so high, they decided that the format would be a very short swim followed by a very short run, times three). The water was extremely rough, but I endured it, and managed an "in the middle of the bunch finish". Not exceedingly fast, not embarrassingly slow. After the aquathon was over, we ate some great veggie BBQ and pasta salad, then wandered down the beach... on to home.

We had originally planned to head downtown, as this is where the big Australia Day festivities were taking place in Melbourne, but by the time we were done everything else, home and bed were all this old guy needed... the heat sure can take the life out of you.

So - a pretty relaxed 32nd birthday, but basically the perfect day for me... thanks to Alli who pulled it all off :)

No comments: