Monday, January 23, 2006

My second post in two days...

I know that most of you will not have even read the first post, and will be shocked to have to scroll down to read it, but get used to it. I plan on posting a thought a day here ;)

Well, I do have a good reason for posting a second note in two days - I officially have the day off. If you read my post from yesterday, you will note that my shoulder has been bothering me a little.

This pain caused me to skip my swim yesterday morning, and in consultation with coach Marc, I am to take two days off... so what to do with my time?

Catch up on a few things I suppose :)

I will get some pictures up, and get a little relaxation in... perhaps a little reading too.

What else is exciting?

We have signed up to compete in a half-ironman distance triathlon called the Surf Coast International Triathlon. It should be a blast, especially the day after a long ride (we are allowed to race, but we must keep our training up along with our racing - the race is just a solid speed session in the middle of all the training). That said, we do not expect to post extraordinary results, but we will be racing with what we've got.

The exciting bit (at the moment) is that there are only 39 people registered. It is less than a month away, and I suppose that it could just be that Australians are a bit slow to get things done - but the early bird closes on February 8th, so they had better hurry up ;) I am told that some of the fastest people around will be out to compete in this one, so I expect a bit of a push out there!

In other news... two days off my birthday and Australia Day. This means fireworks for my birthday (this will be a first ;) We plan on joining a friend (and fellow co-worker of my sister's) for an aquathon down on the beach, followed by a bbq. Not sure what else we will do that day, but I'm sure it will be a good one.

Oh yeah - I'm now a blonde. If anyone out there thinks it is intentional (i.e. I paid someone to do it, or did it myself) you've got to be kidding :) Seems that between the chlorine and the sun (what little sun my hair actually sees from beneath the helmet or hat) have turned my hair almost platinum blonde. It looks as though it's intentional... so kindof neat. I think I will leave it grow and fade at least until I get home.

Ok, off to start the reading and relaxing - possibly even posting a few pictures.

No comments: