Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Some days...

Just go well.

I don't know what clicked today, but it was a good day... so good that when I wanted to stop at 3k in the pool, I kept it up - figured "I can do this to 3,500" and for some reason, I just kept it going after that, and finished it all up with 4,000 even (or so - I cannot count... so I would say it was 4,000m +/- 300m ;)

Which raises a very important point - when I have ABSOLUTELY nothing else to think about when in the pool, how is it that I cannot keep it straight in my head how far it is I have gone?

Probably because I am busy thinking about 100 other things... like a device that would make counting laps easier... something I could strap to my finger that I could "click" every 100m or so... kindof like the Axe guys on TV. Meh... Marc tells me that focus is preferable... all I can say is that I am working on it.

That all said, I had a discussion with a fellow triathlete today (Katie) about this very thing... training long leaves us a lot of time for reflection, which can be good or bad (I have been experiencing both as of late).

This period of reflection is an awesome time to come up with... life plans/goals, recipes, theories, and well... just about anything that you can think about. On one hand it's good (since when is thinking bad) but it's a bit of a curse too - like when I cannot remember, for the life of me, how many lengths I have done.

Ah well... enough of that ramble.

At "lunch" I did 5x1000m intervals, with a bit of jogging, for a nice 40minute run. Next week I will pull it all the way up to the prescribed 6x1000m on 3:45 (I did have the time right, just not the number of intervals ;)

As a sidenote, my left calf is still annoying me, but it will wait until I can see Adam on Friday... wheee.

Until my next post, I hope all is well out there... hit me back with some comments, let me know that you are alive!

ciao

No comments: