Monday, May 07, 2007

The weekend...

Well, Saturday saw me run in the Banff Calgary relay race, which was awesome. I started leg five and our team was in 50th place and by the time I finished, we were in 27th place. I must say, there's something to be said about starting towards the back of the pack... passing was fun :)) Leg five was ten miles, so it wasn't long, but it hurt. For some reason my left calf was bugging me, and my right heel has been nagging at me again as of late, and I figured it would all work itself out by the end. It really didn't, but the tailwind helped keep me fast :)) Our team placed 18/87 - which is a new record for them :D

Oh yeah... our team name was the Bantrel Bobcats... fun!

Sunday was Sunday. There was no wind early in the morning, and the sun was out, it was perfect weather for a ride.... but instead I vegged it. Everything was still too sore for me to contemplate doing much more than riding... and then riding fell off my list of priorities somehow :(

Today was better... did my two classes, got on the bike, and did a little bit of a speed run (these were meant to be two separate sessions, but lunch didn't work out today). Tomorrow is going to be a better day, I can feel it!

And thanks for the response to my last post Anonymous... food for thought - you are right :))

No comments: