Sunday, February 26, 2006

Living in the past...

I was talking today with Todd about this, thought it was a relevant way to start the post :)

Living in the past does not help us move forward, hence it is something that should be avoided if at all possible... this applies especially to us with our past training and racing "mistakes" but this philosphy should be applied to all aspects of life. Regrets are a thing of the past and should be abandoned.

Now I need to take a little of my own advice... and will start by sparing you a pathetic apology about the delay in posting this :)

Alli has been as busy as a bee working on some courses, and has tied up the computer... unfortunately using my sister's computer isn't an option, so I have been without regular access for a week.

With that excuse out of the way, I will continue....

Things here are good, but the time is ticking away - I cannot believe that raceday is just five weeks away, and our taper is set to being in just three weeks!! Wow... who would believe that time would move so quickly?

Something neat for Ironman Australia - they have an "adopt an athlete" program where individuals, businesses or groups can adopt an athlete, and cheer them on during the race (among other things). It sounds like a really neat program, and we are looking forward to finding out more about it shortly.

We are currently working out a plan to move North towards Sydney, and specifically Port MacQuarie where the race will take place. We will probably spend a couple of weeks up in the area, then venture a bit further north after the race - the precise itinerary is still to be worked out (we are open to suggestions, so if you have any, let me know :)

And final thought for the moment... I have downloaded the competitor list for Ironman Australia, and it looks like the age group field is roughly 1535 large, Alli's age group consists of her and eight others. My age group (of course) consists of me and roughly 300 other men. Hmm... seems the place to be is M30-34 if you are looking for competition - though I certainly am NOT complaining, as it could be worse :)

Of interest, the oldest registered competitor is a fellow that comes from the area that we are training in, and he's 71 years old! Keep an eye out for Brian Lynch.

That's about it for me for now... more to come!

No comments: