Thursday, February 02, 2006

Pumpkin is great!

Now - if I have mentioned this in a previous post, I apologize, but I'm gonna mention it again - the pumpkin here is FANTASTIC. It is as simple as chopping it up, clearing out the gooey insides and putting it into the oven. Comes out an hour later SOOOO tasty. Wow... I didn't know it could be so good. That said - I have not entirely decided what their version of a pumpkin is here. It looks a lot like your regular North American pumpkin, it's orange inside with seeds and stringy gooey stuff inside, just like back hom - but it doesn't seem to taste the same. Or have I just never bothered trying to eat the stuff?

Hmm.... now I'm not sure. Anyone an expert on eating pumpkin back home?

Well - not too much new to report here. Alli is gone for the weekend to hook up with Marilyn MacDonald - a professional triathlete from Calgary, who is here training over the winter (yup, just like us ;) She is going to go do a camp up there with a bunch of other triathletes. Sounds like it's a wee bit warmer up there than here, but check back on Monday for Alli's report :)

That leaves me to my own devices for three whole days. Can I manage?

Only time will tell :)

Only one week to the Olympics... I have an eye on my favourite athlete :) Don't forget to cheer her on - she has devoted her entire life to the sport, and basically these Olympics. I truly admire her, and everything she's done for the sport.

Now, with that said, off to the pool. More to close the day later!!

No comments: